Restaurant, Bar, & Tavern Insurance
Restaurant, Bar, & Tavern Insurance Information
Missouri restaurant owners and operators need appropriate business insurance to help protect their financial well-being. The agents at Heritage Agency: Real Estate & Insurance are ready to help you navigate your restaurant’s insurance needs and find the solutions that meet those needs.
What Insurance Do I Need for My Restaurant?
As a business owner, you have many options for restaurant insurance coverage. Your agent may recommend that you start with the following basic coverages:
· Commercial general liability (CGL) coverage helps cover costs if one of your customers becomes ill, is injured or suffers property damage, and your restaurant is legally liable.
· Property insurance helps pay to repair or replace your buildings and possessions after a covered accident or incident.
· Business interruption coverage helps pay everyday bills if you must temporarily close your restaurant to allow for repairs after a covered event.
· Commercial auto liability insurance is required by your state’s laws if you use a vehicle in the day-to-day operations of your restaurant. Your agent may also recommend that you insure your company’s vehicles by adding comprehensive and collision coverage to your commercial auto policy.
· Workers’ compensation insurance may be mandatory according to state laws, depending on how many people you employ and whether they work full- or part-time for your restaurant. This policy helps pay medical bills and may provide limited wage replacement if one of your workers becomes ill or is injured in a work-related incident.
· Equipment breakdown insurance helps pay to repair or replace necessary machinery, such as freezers, ice machines, stoves and refrigerators.
· Food spoilage protection helps pay to replace lost food if an equipment malfunction causes spoilage.
· Cyber liability coverage helps cover costs after a cyber attack or data breach and may include the expenses of notifying customers of the breach, recovering lost data, litigation and more.
· Liquor liability insurance helps pay expenses associated with property damage claims or bodily injury claims if someone consumes alcohol at your restaurant and is injured or causes an accident.
How Much Restaurant Insurance Do I Need
Adequate business insurance for your restaurant can help lessen the financial impact of many unexpected events. Running a busy restaurant is a huge responsibility, but some variables are outside of your control. Kitchen fires, vandalism, equipment malfunctions and severe weather could cause financial harm to your business. Heritage Agency: Real Estate & Insurance is here to help you understand how much restaurant insurance you may need.
Where to Get Restaurant Insurance
Having the right insurance policies for your restaurant is one way to help protect your company’s financial stability. Contact Heritage Agency: Real Estate & Insurance today to get coverage tailored to your restaurant’s unique needs.